Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: D'arbonne Thursday

gwk001 Guest

Default D'arbonne Thursday

I was thinking of fishing D'arbonne Thursday. Does anyone know what the water should be like or have any pointers?

specker Guest

Default The water at D'arbonne

is muddy and on the rise. It has come about a foot in the last 4 days. The infusion of so much fresh water will usually slow the fish down a little. It doesn't slow me down, but work sure does. I'd be out there giving it a try if I could. You can see some of my other posts for D'arbonne info that I have shared with the board. Good Luck and please post results.

gwk001 Guest

You were right, the water was high and getting muddy. A fished under the 33 bridge for a while with no luck. After that I moved to Terrel Island and fished the channel and caught 5. I always seem to catch 4 or 5 big ones and then they shut down and I start catching little stripped bass. I attached a picture of one of the big ones, I had three like this, they were alittle over 12".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

specker Guest

Default 5 good fish

Quote Originally Posted by gwk001
    You were right, the water was high and getting muddy. A fished under the 33 bridge for a while with no luck. After that I moved to Terrel Island and fished the channel and caught 5. I always seem to catch 4 or 5 big ones and then they shut down and I start catching little stripped bass. I attached a picture of one of the big ones, I had three like this, they were alittle over 12".
    Makes for a nice meal. Its good to know that they are still biting in the channel. My neighbor was out on his pier last night. They may be starting to straggle into the shallows.