Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Umbrella Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Umbrella Setup

I have a large umbrella I want to set up in my boat. So you guys posts some pictures of your setups so I can get some ideas.

It looks like its going to be summer before Mother Nature lets me fish.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Umbrella Setup

Hey Crack, You can buy a umbrella bracket that will screw into the back of
    you seat, I have two, there fine IF you can keep the sun to your back or over head. The best ones are the ones made of pvc that you just put over the pedestal stand that lays on the floor and a piece comes up and you put the umbrella in it and you can move it all you while sitting no matter which way the sun is on you. Cabela's has them or you can make one your self. The bracket like mine you can buy at Bass Pro, but I think I'm gonna make one of the pvc kind that fits over the pedestal, hey this ole fat man can't take that heat,I fish to bout 11:30 and come in.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

I have three set bases on the front deck. And plan on using the center one to help hold a big one.
    Fix a pipe that will allow the umbrella to stick down in it.
    Or theres some that are made out of 2" PVC pipe and fittings . One T fitting fits over the seat pole. Then out to a elbow then up.
    Pete

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

shilo idea works great i fixed mine that way i took a 3/4" diam. rod and welded it to a coupling big enough for the unbrella shaft to fit in drilled a hole through the couplin and shaft inserted a pin so wind couldnt blow it out works great in sun and rain
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 6' dia umbrella so I need some meat to hold it. My deck it about 8 inches off the bottom so I'm thinking I can drill a hole the size of the Umbrella shaft and let the deck hold it.

Get The Net