Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll be a the foot in three weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll be a the foot in three weeks

I know that I will be checking the tail end of the good crappie time but how about the bluegill. What do you guys use for bait on the gills on this lake. and where would be some good spots to fish for crappie and bluegill in three weeks which would be may 6-8 when I will be their. hope to have some good luck while I am down there. this will only be the second time I have been on the lake. Thanks for any info. Hope you guys leave some to check for when I get down there.

Thanks Again

00buck

Post Thanks / Like

Buck,
    We were fishing there a couple weeks ago when all the cold weather hit. We went to a small watershed lake northeast of the big lake, because the big lake couldn't be fished due to the 50 mph winds. We caught about 120 large 'gills using grizzly jigs tipped with wax worms. They were all on beds at that time, so once we found a hotspot, we would fish it until we caught about 20, then moved on. Good luck to ya!
    -shild

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beep Beep Beep....

Back up the truck....do NOT give up on the Crappie in 3 weeks....Last year, end of May.....one of the days was my single BEST day ever for Crappie on that lake...and I have been going now for 16 yrs.....everyone leaves the Crappie alone in mid may, end of may, and the beging of June....but...those are my BEST times!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bails

How Deep Or Where Would You Look For The
    Crappie In Mid May?

Thanks

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can take the heat, you can catch crappie in the middle of summer.
    They still have to eat.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Cracker-
    I like the ones that think crappie "season" is 6-8 weeks. That gives us more room to hunt for the summer, fall, winter fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, and the wind tinds to be a little milder.

I've been out there and catch a limit and not see a boat all day. I guess I'll have to wait till summer it doesn't seem like the wind is going to let up.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

Been thinking of planning a trip mid to late May (only time I can get away from work) to Reelfoot, but didn't know if it would be a good time to go for crappie at Reelfoot. From Cincinnati, and some still are good, some aren't, so I've been trying to find out some details. Got any to share? What's effective, minnows or jigging at this time of year? Probably in deeper water? I could use some suggestions for lodging too. Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

hey all, me,my bro and my dad will be down april 26th-29th, it will be our first time down were staying at blue bank resort any good places to start? any info is appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

moultrie field, bell stumps, swan basin, those are all within eyesight of BB. you guys are going to convince me to go back for a day or two when the weather cooperates a little. spent last week down there braving the elements. i will also tell you this. the bluegill will be "alive" at that point. we caught some nice ones in the pads in the back end of moultrie field. i am praying that my calendar will let loose on me for a long weekend.

take care
    chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast