Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new here

Post Thanks / Like

Default new here

Just found this site and the information here is great. Just started Crappie fishing and i love it. Most of my fishing is done on Western Branch and Prince in Suffolk, Va. Good luck to all and maybe i'll see you on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

Hi Jet4

welcome to the site, I just joined the site last week and its awsome, loads of info, links etc.. I can't seem to pull away for the site, (i dont want to miss anything) lol, im in norfolk and fish the surounding lakes and suffolk lakes a bit, I for one will be posting when they start hitting, good fishing to ya.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Post Thanks / Like

It will only take a couple of warm sunny days on the Norfolk lakes get the fish stirring. Look for shallow dark bottom cove with some stumps or log to warm up first. it's the time of the year to catch the big crappies, you may not catch very many but it's the best time to the biggest one. We fished Little Creek ( the one across from Smith) the first week of March last year only caught two but they were both over 1.5 lbs. Scott caught two bass over 5 lbs on back to back casts on Roadrunners with 4lb line on a 9ft fly road he found in the trash and rewrapped to make a spinning rod. Watching that was pretty neat.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Jet4. You are right, there are a lot of fantastic people here and willing to share.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

J4- Welcome! Thanks for posting. With all the folks on board now, we are sure to be sharing some good info. this spring.
    P.S.- The yellow perch bite should be hot this weekend
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o