Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Sandy Help Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Sandy Help Needed

Wife asked me what I wanted to do for our upcoming anniversary and of course I said CRAPPIE FISHING. In order for her to go for this I have to go to someplace new. We are staying at Buchanans Lodge at Eagle Creek on the weekend of 4-27. will some of you fine fellers give me some help on fishing this area. I like to jig fish, am set up for spider rigging as well. any help will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Sandy...

FF,

Get a map and look up Britton Ford. Fish the big point off from the boat ramp...that is called the Cow Pasture. Also, you could try spider rigging Swamp Creek this time of year. I grew up fishing KY Lake. I fish Reelfoot exclusively now though.

Later,
    cypress

That will be one can of Cope please:D
    "I fish...therefore I lie." Where's the Copenhagen?

Post Thanks / Like

frontfisher, I live south of Buchanan Resort. If you are not familiar with the Sandy River. Eagle Creek runs into it close to where Sandy River runs into the Tennessee River. I do not know a lot about Eagle Creek. I fish south of there. Swamp Creek probably will be a very good place to fish. The cow pasture is another good spot. If you would like to email me a few days before you come up, I will try to get some information to you on water depts the fish are in, color of jigs they are biting, and the general location.

Donald
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There's also a ton of mats/stake beds in Little Sulpher aka Girl Scout Camp which is just south of Eagle Creek. Also check out the power lines.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks folks for the info, i'll get out my map tonite and make note of the areas that y'all have suggested. i hope i didn't offend Mrs CS when in my original post i asked for input from the fellers, i didn't mean anything derogatory about my fellow fishing ladies. i know a few that are excellent crappie fishers and i learned to watch the ladies that are on the lakes, especially when you see 2 of them in one boat, cause they usually mean business. Donald i will definetly e mail you when the time gets closer for any current info you are willing to share. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frontfisher
    thanks folks for the info, i'll get out my map tonite and make note of the areas that y'all have suggested. i hope i didn't offend Mrs CS when in my original post i asked for input from the fellers, i didn't mean anything derogatory about my fellow fishing ladies. i know a few that are excellent crappie fishers and i learned to watch the ladies that are on the lakes, especially when you see 2 of them in one boat, cause they usually mean business. Donald i will definetly e mail you when the time gets closer for any current info you are willing to share. Thanks again

Don't sweat it. Around here, I'm just one of the guys!!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!