Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkansas "EYES"

There are walleye in Arkansas too.:D
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Try this again,
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice wally longliner!! Where did you catch that big dude??

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, that fish came from Bull Shoals. I catch several every year that go that big. Bull Soals is a great lake for walleye fishing. I have one on my wall that makes that fish look small. Thanks for the reply Joe.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I need to get over there and fish that lake. I've caught a couple here at bever this year, 20- 22". nothing that nice. never really fish for them, catch them mostly by accident.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe if you ever get over this way let me know and I'll see if I can put you some walleye. I have my best luck during the heat of the summer!! They get to staying around the thermocline and seem to be alittle more active then for some reason.
    Monk

tablerockrookie Guest

Default Re Walleye

longliner,

Do you fish the upper lake? I have never fished the lake as I am new to the area and bought a place on table rock but my first love is Walleye! I was thinking about maybe putting in at the K dock area is that a good area of the lake? Also I would love to pick ur brain about local tactics and structure. I am primarily a jig fisherman, botom bouncers and some cranks although someone told me that they use alot of cranks here? REALLY Nice "eye" you caught !!!would love to catch a few like that but then again i would just like to catch any!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished the hwy. K area that much but I've heard in the early spring it is good. I fish the middle part of the lake mainly around Buck Creek, and the Spring Creek area. I use deep diving cranks only and as I said before in the summer months the walleyes get somewhat easier to catch anyway they do for me. I will be at the Buck Creek campground in a RV alot this summer so if you see big blue dodge with a weld-built boat behind it stop me and I'll share alittle with you. I'am leaving this weekend for the upper part of BS at Theodosia. Will be there for about a month, so if your in the area stop in.
    Monk

tablerockrookie Guest

I appreciate it! I will definitely be looking for your outfit, and will try to give u a heads up on the forum the weekends we plan to be down. Again thank for the reply

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull Shoals eyes

I know the Spring Creek area is good Walleys fishing. Another good area I have heard is the Gulley Spring Creek area North of the Oakland camp ground. Bull Shaols has been in the past on the Walleye Tour in the early spring.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast