Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weekend @ D'Arbonne

beerluvr99 Guest

Default Weekend @ D'Arbonne

Well the weather was terrable and the fish didn't bit but the park and the cabins were wonderful. We fished the channel in several locations on Saturday without any luck. We caught a few bar fish and a few small sac-a-let. We set some yo-yo's that evening that produce a couple of catfish, 1 huge sac-a-let, and a bass. When we got back to the boat dock on Sunday Morninga couple of nice gentlemen were running yo-yo's, baiting them with worms and had caught a nice mess of catfish. I wish I would have known that the evening before. A nice mess of cats would have been nice to take home. Oh well we had a great time, the kids had fun at the park and the lake is beautiful. Thanks for the pointers, we are planning on comming back and fishing the flats when they start spawning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beerluvr99
    Well the weather was terrable and the fish didn't bit but the park and the cabins were wonderful. We fished the channel in several locations on Saturday without any luck. We caught a few bar fish and a few small sac-a-let. We set some yo-yo's that evening that produce a couple of catfish, 1 huge sac-a-let, and a bass. When we got back to the boat dock on Sunday Morninga couple of nice gentlemen were running yo-yo's, baiting them with worms and had caught a nice mess of catfish. I wish I would have known that the evening before. A nice mess of cats would have been nice to take home. Oh well we had a great time, the kids had fun at the park and the lake is beautiful. Thanks for the pointers, we are planning on comming back and fishing the flats when they start spawning.
    The fishing was pretty crappie over my way to. I fished Sat. morning for about 3 hours and managed only 11 fish. All small except for 2. Left the water and went to the boat show in Monroe. Looked at all the wish for boats. I did pick a couple out though. Will be looking at purchasing one here before long.Went back to the water Sunday morning for about 2 hours and smae thing - small fish. Left and went to the house for a couple hours and went back around 1:00 and fished till dark. Caught 18 but all small. I think the fish I had been on have moved out to staging areas and just got to spend a little time to find where they are. Glad to hear you still had a good time and good luck on your next trip. :p :p :p