Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fishing the cold front?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fishing the cold front?

I would die out there right now. Went last Monday and caught a nice limit. I got sunburnt and hot. A man could get real sick right now.
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the water on Fort Loudon. It was chilly, especially run from spot to spot. Fish seemed to have lock jaw in all my normal haunts. Hooked two under size fish on a white jig with a red head.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of alot of guides going on KY Lake because people booked them as the weather had been warm and the crappie was really bitting good. A report yesterday was very slow.

One guide had 10 crappie and one had 20 and this was very hard fishing in the cold and wind. The wind is holwing now just before dark and i think it is in the 30's. It just isn't worth it in this cold and in this wind plus the fish seem to be slow now.

Maybe they will get really good again after it warms up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Headed out on Chickamauga with Bill Wester from Toledo, Ohio this morning to check on the crappie. On the very first trolling pass at daylight we had 6 or 8 fish with three keepers in the boat in the first ten minutes. I thought we were golden and then "boom!" Nothing... just like you'd flipped a switch. Trolled another hour and caught 3 or 4 little dinks. We went and hit a couple of spots casting... nothing. Ended up at one of my bluegill honeyholes. Had to fight the wind but they were there, which is good because Bill loves bluegill. We caught about 30 small ones and had 15 or 20 keepers, plus another keeper crappie. Fun part was when Bill hooked a 5 lb. blue cat on his tiny little ultralight with 4 lb. test line. It was an interesting battle, but he won. I don't know if slow crappie bite is due to cold, or due to the fact that they're about done anyway. But it is obviously time for me to transition to bluegill and catfish.
    Richard Simms
    Editor, CrappieNOW

Post Thanks / Like

I have snow in Kodak, TN. It blew in at 11:30 last night. Probably about 1/4 inch laying on the ground and more on the porch. WOW.
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Post Thanks / Like

Had a light dusting up the road here. Im really bummed out. Had a 3 day weekend to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well this was my SPRING BREAK! No students, nine days of constant fishing and BAM! Cold front...gotta love mother natures and God's "sense of humor". I'll just have to catch up w/ em' next weekend!

The CH...

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

weny friday had a nice limit on cherokee
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)