Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Condo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Condo

This is my first attempt at making condo's, I will be placing them in deep water off some points where I caught crappie last year. Should be the only structure in these areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLR
    This is my first attempt at making condo's, I will be placing them in deep water off some points where I caught crappie last year. Should be the only structure in these areas.
    They look good.. Is that 4" drain pipe????I have never seen that type before.

good job
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Its 4" and 6" plastic pipe, got a real good deal on it. Cost me a bag of fillet's for the first truck load. Im trying to working a deal with a concrete guy also. I have a man at a local dump saving me all the clean 5gal. buckets that come in. He is getting a free fish dinner also.

Post Thanks / Like

Rlr--they Look Alot Easier To Handle Then The Ones I Make!i Make Em Out Of Pallets,they Make A Good Crappie Condo-but Tuff To Manuver Around By Yourself!! Dennis In Tn.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis, I plan to make a few out of pallets also. Do you just put boards around the outside of your's or do you place structure inside as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie condo

I Put Structure Inside As Well As On The Outside.the Only Problem I"ve Found Is By The Time You Tie A Few Blocks To Them Its About A Two Man Job To Place Them!!gotta Use Someone You Fish With Or Trust--cause If You Dont Your Giving Away Your [hopefully]hotspots!!!the Good Thing Is They Are Sturdy,last Pretty Well,and Cheap To Make!i Get My Pallets For Free--our Local $ Store--you Can Use Waterline,pvc Pipe,scrap Lumber,ect. For Inside Structure!! Good Luck--dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

structure options great info.

just a few more ideas for you all. I'll stick with the bamboo. It is working great so far.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Condo

All I see in my area is brown dead looking bamboo looking stalks how long will this last if I sink them I would think the green ones would last a lot longer

Post Thanks / Like

Big George, just my opinion but I would try to get green bambo, it will last alot longer. We have sections of old bambo like you are talking about and that stuff is brittle, breaks real easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let everybody know, when you strip the leaves off they are harder to find with your depth finder, need a GPS in deep open areas.