Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My secret weapon for catching crappie!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My secret weapon for catching crappie!!!

Big jigs! Just sent DonG a few. The secret to using these jigs is: find the fish first. Get directly over the fish you wanna catch and release the reel bail. This big jig falls rapidly, and if you are on target, it will hit the fish in the head and stun it. The fish, being stunned, can't swim, so it will float to top of water and kinda swim in circles. Get the net and scoup the fish. Might wanna give the fish a little mouth to mouth if it is too stunned. Wanna keep the fish alive so you can kill it fresh later.

Black and pink also best color tubes to use with the jigs. That is just in case you miss with the lead. The fish are so shocked by these colors, that they are stunned and still rise to surface. Get the net!

Ok DonG, you now know how to use them big jigs I sent you. It works!!!!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Big jigs! Just sent DonG a few. The secret to using these jigs is: find the fish first. Get directly over the fish you wanna catch and release the reel bail. This big jig falls rapidly, and if you are on target, it will hit the fish in the head and stun it. The fish, being stunned, can't swim, so it will float to top of water and kinda swim in circles. Get the net and scoup the fish. Might wanna give the fish a little mouth to mouth if it is too stunned. Wanna keep the fish alive so you can kill it fresh later.

Black and pink also best color tubes to use with the jigs. That is just in case you miss with the lead. The fish are so shocked by these colors, that they are stunned and still rise to surface. Get the net!

do they come in different weights? what color hooks do they have? Are the eyes on the jigs hand painted? Are they powder painted?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like something else has been hit in the head and stunned.LOL
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My secret bait works even easier.. Just light the fuse and drop over the side of the boat. Brings them to the top every time....never go home skunked! lol
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole has a bunch of the 2lb Chartuse Jigs that he uses. The crappie don't have a chance. He use to use 5 pounders but his arthritis acted up and he could not tie those on his fishing line anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I got to start drinking again - it might give an excuse to listen to you guys
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey now. Listen to CP. He can catch Crappie with HONEY!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole--here Lately I"d Say Your Method Would Work Pretty Good Here On The "hollow"!they Sure Have Been Tight Lipped! Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Proud of my jigs and tubes

CP, did Moose send you a big supply of """"""""ZIMAS""""""""""?????????

You have totally lost it.......LOL........
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Probably picked up that technique talking with somebody from wal-mart.
    Last edited by fishingpox; 01-30-2005 at 08:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast