Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: watts bar lake " A- Frame "

Post Thanks / Like

Default watts bar lake " A- Frame "

Anyone fish WBL can tell me where the "A- Frame" part of the lake is , thanks.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey WBL .....

Quote Originally Posted by wbl2014
    Anyone fish WBL can tell me where the "A- Frame" part of the lake is , thanks.
    You referring to this report :

WATTS BAR - (3/22/07) - The water temperature is averaging 57 degrees overall. Crappie are being caught by trollers and brushpile fishermen in the deeper bays leading into the spawning areas. Jigs and minnows are being used by most fishermen. The better water depth seems to be 12 to 16 feet of water for the larger fish. Bass anglers are catching fish in the shallow water areas and along drops that lead into these areas. Some deeper water fish are being caught. The fish are in transition. The quality bite is slower, but deeper for most folks. Lipless crankbaits and medium running Firetiger Rapala lures are the most popular choices of most anglers. White bass are being caught in the Clinch River on spinner type lures. Rockfish anglers are catching a few, but the bite seems to be a little slow for most anglers. Kingston Steam Plant has been the most dependable place to catch stripers. Live bait is always better, but jigs, spoons and jerk baits are also being used. Sauger are being caught from Paint Rock to Ft. Loudoun Dam while bumping bottom with large jigs tipped with minnows. Creek minnows will work better than Tuffies. Below the A-Frame there is a place in the middle of the river that comes up to about 25 feet and then drops to 50 feet and back up to 25 feet. The 50 feet of water in the middle has had a lot of fish.

IF SO .... I assume from the references to "Paint Rock to Ft Louden Dam" - Sauger fishing with Creek Minnows (Chubs), and "a place in the middle of the river ..." ---- that, the A-Frame area is on the Tenn River arm of the lake, somewhere between the Ft Louden Dam and Paint Rock Creek. That's several miles upriver of where I've fished any at all ... as, basically I've only fished from Caney Creek to Fooshee Peninsula. My maps don't show any 25ft/50ft/25ft mid river holes, anywhere along the Tenn River portion of the lake. It's probably just a local "handle" ... referring to a A-Frame house, along the river bank hillside, somewhere between Kingston, Tn and the Ft Louden Dam. That's a lot of miles of water, though :p so best to ask a "real" local. "Fishin 3" would probably know, as he has mentioned the Paint Creek area before (to me).

I hate it when fishing reports refer to specific areas, by the locally known names. You'd think that the "locals" would already know where that area is, and wouldn't need such clandestine referrences. Makes you think maybe they don't want "outsiders" to know where they're talking about. But, it's probably just a case of the "reporter" of the fishing report, don't even fish ... and just gets the info from local "word of mouth" :rolleyes: ... LOL!!

.... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info

ewc Guest

From Ft Loudon Dam, heading downstream, the A-Frame is approximately 4 miles on your left.

Hotspot for Sauger.