Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Martin Tournament

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Lake Martin Tournament

The Alabama Crappie Association will host a crappie tournament on Lake Martin out of Wind Creek State Park on Feb 19th, 7:00-3:00. Entry fee will be $60.00 per boat with a max of 2 anglers per boat. Everyone welcome. We encourage children and female anglers to compete in all our events. Contact me for more info or see you there.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you post your rules and regulations and do you have a web address for Alabama Crappie Assosiation? What are the prizes? Who are the sponsers? I searched for Alabama Crappie and didnt find you guys. I live in Alabama and may be interested.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as driftwood. Please post your rules, regs, prizes, sponsors, and info of any past tourneys. I live in alabama around Auburn so martin is just a skip for me.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rules & Regs

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA
    The Alabama Crappie Association will host a crappie tournament on Lake Martin out of Wind Creek State Park on Feb 19th, 7:00-3:00. Entry fee will be $60.00 per boat with a max of 2 anglers per boat. Everyone welcome. We encourage children and female anglers to compete in all our events. Contact me for more info or see you there.
    The Alabama Crappie Association is a group of local crappie anglers. About half of the members live around Jasper and the other half in St. Clair Co. We have several husband/wife teams and some also fish with children. Most of us compete in the national tournament trails and hold local tournaments with a small entry fee mostly for fun. The open tournaments we are holding will have a 75% pay back with the remainder of the money going to support the annual Kids Fishing Day we host each June on Walker Co. Lake. We will pay back 1 place for each 5 boats entered. We mostly go by the same rules that the major tournament trails use, nothing weird or strange. We will weigh a max of 7 fish per boat and they must meet state length limit of 9 inches. Live or artificial bait is allowed. 8 pole limit unless the lake has a pole limit set by the state. Sign up the morning of the tournament at launch ramp. Email me if you want more info and I will give you my telephone number.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us