Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going to reelfoot in late april.....

johnnya Guest

Default Going to reelfoot in late april.....

Staying at Blue Bank resort. 8 of us going on their fishing package which inclused boat, gas, ice,etc.
    Anyone out there with a Blue Bank resort experience?
    Any good crappie holes near the resort?

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and i stayed there last year. Took my own boat but the guys on the dock filled up the tank every time i docked. Provided electricity for my onboard charger. You will not be disappointed in this place. Great accomodations, great food, great beer, great fishing, pretty much everything we encountered was great. They provide it all, except cleaning the fish and they would probably do that if you asked.

As far as fishing near there, Bell stumps to your north east, Green Island to your north, Moultrie Field a little farther north, Swan Basin to the west of Green Island, Oh heck, pretty much any place is going to have fish. Dont be affraid to travel though, first day we were there last year, the GPS showed 15+ miles on it by the end of the day.

Get you a map and look at the Reelfoot comments on this board. People will tell you where to fish, but, last year i marked them on my map and had to buy a new map because i couldnt read the other one for all of the markings.

I will be down there the 8th thru the something, will post result, pics, etc. There are several going before, during, and after me, before you go. Stay tuned because it should get real interesting.

Take care!
    Chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

There is a really good map you can buy on http://www.reelfoot.com/maps.htm but I bought the same one at WalMart for $5 less than the one on the website. Very good map. Great details, easy to read.