Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything happening on Priest?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anything happening on Priest?

I went on Saturday. I met fellow board member Catbatt. All of the boat traffic ran me off pretty quick. I caught a good 14 inch crappie and a yellow stripe. Sunday was a little better. Caught 4, another yellow stripe, and a spotted bass. I found 60 degree water and that's when I got a little better action. Anyone else been out on Priest?
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned 21 Saturday and 10 Sunday. They are biting pretty well. I caught about 60 or so crappie Sat,(forgot my counter, lots of small ones) and about 1 million "yellow bellies". Sunday was a little harder but I scratched up a few. My girlfriend had a good time with me Sat. She said she caught more fish that day than all the other times that she's been in her life combined. Her goal was to catch 5 fish, she caught a lot more than that, so it was good. And I never got my boat above an idle Sat so I didn't use much gas!
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

fiddle,

how deep were they?

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and i got into 'em Sunday, only fished about 4 hrs and the hotspot was an isolated log in about 4 foot of water. Jigs was the key for us.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

I only caught 1 keeper before my big motor went down. Talked to a guy on the ramp who always does good. He had 12 and there were several over 13 in his livewell. Lots of traffic around Bryant's grove. It's summer already for some of them. I'll be back after the mechanic finishes with her.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I am going to steal my wifes truck in the morning and head out to Priest somewhere fishing.Maybe I will get on something good.I will be thinking about yall while I am out there and everyone else is working.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Post Thanks / Like

You don`t have to rub it in ct.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbarron19
    fiddle,

how deep were they?

1'-6' Saturday. Caught some 4' or so, down to 12' Sunday. There was a little more wind and a few clouds on Saturday and they stayed pretty shallow all day.

Sunday there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the wind was about dead calm. I didn't really get on them shallow like I did Sat. Where I was catching them Sat I think they just got up under the stumps out of the sun. I couldn't get on them so I moved to hit some deeper water and started catching them. I stayed up shallow too long though and not long after I found a few scattered fish my brother was ready to go. I put him off as long as I could but we left at 4. I think if I had stayed till dark I could have had more. Should've made him drive to the ramp, I knew that would happen. He lacks a little in the patience dept. sometimes.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been pounding the crappie on priest since Sunday! Had 37 keepers Sunday and I had 17 keepers yesterday. I was fishing in about 6 ft. on a rock/mud flat. I really think they are trying to spawn. The females were full of eggs and looked as they were about to burst. I really caught several monsters. I am going back today and I will post later.

Post Thanks / Like

Firefighter you need to share you secret with us some...lol....Think I may go out again Wed and try for them again.I got a few good fish today took them showed the missus and she as pleased.If you see a Blue Bass Tracker out there with a big fat guy on the front that is me pull up and hollar sometime.

Thrill we will see what we can work out for Friday or any of the weekend.Congrats on the house deal..Think Steph is going ahead and acceptting the 5 acres her parents offered us so we can start something soon.I would like to have something before winter so that way my boat can stay in the warm.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast