Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Below da lake.

rotorman Guest

Default Below da lake.

Hey guys! I think that I have found a little bit of heaven at crappie.com! I am a seasoned crappie fisherman but still have a lot to learn. I look forward to sharing and learning more about crappie fishing.

I need help on fishing below Arkabutla and Sardis. I have fished below both Enid and Grenada. I will have a chance to fish Arkabutla and Sardis the second week of Feb as I head down to Grenada. I need some basic where to fish info if you have it. Also any special techniques to use there. Thanks.

And don't forget to set the hook!

Post Thanks / Like

Rotorman, February would normally be an excellent time to fish below Sardis Dam, but with the high water levels and discharge rates this year, the spillway fishing is pretty much shot. There is some trolling going on in the marina cove just above the dam and on the lower lake, and fish are being caught when the weather allows. I suspect that high water and excess discharge rates is affecting spillway fishing in all four of the North MS lakes.

rotorman Guest

Thanks Pops. I figured as much but thought someone out there might know something that I don't. I fish a lot of deep fast water in Middle Tennessee and do quite well. I might have to try it any way. What about Arkabutla? Do you have to fish from the bank or do you put a boat in. I have seen the lower lake at Sardis from the road but I am not familiar with Arkabutla. The trolling sounds good. Just started to troll this year on KY Lake along the drops and channels. Its fun!