Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O the Pines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake O the Pines

Hello all,
    Went to LOP yetserday afternoon/night and fished almost 6 hours until 9 P.M. Caught 35 nice White Perch in 33 to 36 foot water on flats near the Channel in site of the dam. Gold sinners and jigs one crank off the bottom untill dark then a Silver shinner would catch 5 to one over the gold ones. I know, I didn't believe it either. All I catch on jigs after dark is Yellow bellies. seeya, Percher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by percher
    Hello all,
    Went to LOP yetserday afternoon/night and fished almost 6 hours until 9 P.M. Caught 35 nice White Perch in 33 to 36 foot water on flats near the Channel in site of the dam. Gold sinners and jigs one crank off the bottom untill dark then a Silver shinner would catch 5 to one over the gold ones. I know, I didn't believe it either. All I catch on jigs after dark is Yellow bellies. seeya, Percher
    Good job, percher...glad you did well. You're gonna have to get a digital camera if you keep that up! We love to see the pics.. :D I'm shooting for a day off this week end or next week. Can't wait to get on a lake myself, kinda let my brain breathe, what's left of it..LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a digital camera but its usually around 10:30 after I drive home. I have to jump in the shower, dive into bed and sleep fast then, I have to be at work at 5:30 a.m. I do take it with me in the boat in case I catch a giant one. I thought about taking a picture just before I fileted them today but after sitting on ice that long they really don't look that good. Just visualize a 46 quart Igloo well over half full of fish without ice. I guess I should have taken a picture when I released some of them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in to the fish frier.

One more bit of info worth noting. Don't use any floating or sinking lights on LOP because the Yellow and White Bass will steal you blind. They are already a nusance.
    Do you just copy/paste a picture to this window? Seeya, Percher

Post Thanks / Like

Default percher....

Can't think or a better place to release a crappie than in a skillet of hot oil! :D

Unfortunately, we can't "cut and paste" to load pics. If a pic has been hosted on the web it will have an URL, that one is fairly easy. The other way is via attatchment. The first thing to do is reduce the pic to no more than 146.5 kb, then start a new thread or reply, click "manage attatchments" and you will see a "browse" prompt, then search your hard drive for the pic's file. When it uploads, you can enter your text and then post. I will see if I can get some detailed directions posted for both methods so every one can read them. Good luck on your next trip.....