Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Will be at reelfoot 4/1 need advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will be at reelfoot 4/1 need advice

Will be at reelfoot april 1 for 4 days the weather man said cold front coming on the 1st highs in the 50s lows upper 30s. I am staying at southshore resort just wondering with all this warm weather what I should probably do after the front. Any help would be great. Not looking for specific spots, Im not a claim jumper, just want some pointers if you guys think they will back out to deeper water or if they are up after all this warm weather will they stay there. Thanks for any info

Post Thanks / Like

if they're up, they'll settle back in within a few hours. while you wait, i'd try some spider riggin out near the channel, or anywhere you can hit 10-14'. I'd even hit some stumps in the upper end-the water is shallow, so the rebound time seems to quicken a bit. The guys on this board seem to catch em in snow flurries, whitecaps, and heatwaves. Check out anything the headed-to-legendary Cracker 68 posts-has his rod tip on the pulse of those waters.

my .02.
    gator

Post Thanks / Like

if those weatherheads are like the ones in N-Ky, they haven't been close enough to the right forecast to scare up much, so hit em hard and good luck!
    gator

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. Just checked the weather now there saying 70 for about all next week. go figure

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there Friday. Hopefully the weather man was wrong and the storms go around West Tn. Since I didn't get to fish the foot this last weekend. (I was smoking some big hawgs down at Grenada) I heard they are on fire. A little cold front ain't gona stop'm. Heck two saturdays ago it snowed like a blizzard for half the day and it didn't slow them up. I would say you should be able to catch fish from 12' all the way to 2'

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know where I'll be....

in that 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 foot range! New line on the jiggin rods tonight....tic tock...tic tock.....

Post Thanks / Like

Went to reelfoot after lunch today fished 3 hrs caught 50 crappie the size of my jigs and 17 keepers the wind was wrong
    FISH-ON!!!!!