Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: douglas report

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default douglas report

crappie are stagging at the mouth of the creeks we caught 105 keppers 7 people on sunday and 75 keepers 5 people on monday front came in monday night and slowed them dow a bit caught several short fish tuesday had 19 keepers fished about 4 hrs. caught a lot of fish lots of short fish
    outlook on douglas looks good for next year. water temp was 54 water stained we caught our fish long line trolling with 1/8 oz jigs tipped with minnows
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

hey charger i told you he was going to clean your hole out

Post Thanks / Like

Guess Im gonna have to quit puttin him on my fish huh?:D

Post Thanks / Like

any idea's when they will spawn? Thats when i wana fish non of the trolling crap charger may be able to do that but i can't im hoping they spawn teh first week of april

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hold On

Tell Them Crappie To Wait A Few Weeks. I Will Be Coming From Ohio April 13th. Save Some Of Those Big-uns For Me. When They Come In To Spawn How Long Will They Stay Shallow Before Moving Out?

Post Thanks / Like

They will come in on April 11, spawn and leave on April 12th.:D
    Thats if your luck is like mine,

Post Thanks / Like

i know all week the first week of april i will be at the lake with no phone other than my cell no internet but lots of fishing gear and time hehe

Minnow Slinger Guest

I went yesterday, mouth of Indian Creek, and long line trolled, bottom bounce trolled, and every other form of trolling and caught 2 keepers and 20 tiny fish. I fished every depth and it didn't matter. The most I seen from any boat was 10 keepers. It wasn't so kind to us. Surface temp. 62

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question 62deg surface temp

Quote Originally Posted by Minnow Slinger
    I went yesterday, mouth of Indian Creek, and long line trolled, bottom bounce trolled, and every other form of trolling and caught 2 keepers and 20 tiny fish. I fished every depth and it didn't matter. The most I seen from any boat was 10 keepers. It wasn't so kind to us. Surface temp. 62
    At 62deg ... I'd 'spect them to be up next to the bank (especially the males, and probably some of the big females). Next time you go ... find some spawning areas along the NW banks, and sling them minners in there (or jigs, whatever)

....just MHO .... cp

Minnow Slinger Guest

Did that last week with some success. The water is warmer on the river channel than in the creeks. On a brighter note, we did manage about 100 huge white bass on rattle traps. Lots of fun, but not crappie...
    I usually do well trolling the creek mouths at this time of year. The crappie have spawned mid April for the past few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast