Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taking a break

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking a break

I am going to take a break from the crappies due to the fact the flounder are back in Bogue Sound :D Went down last Thursday and caught 4 keepers 1 - 17" 2 -16" and 1- 15 ". Friday the wind blowed so hard we went to a private pond about 25 miles inland and caught 30 keeper crappie where the creek runs into the pond - what a fish fry - flounder and crappie - Saturday went back out in the sound and caught 8 flounder between 14" & 19" not to mention all the sandmich size throw backs about 20 in all - went gigging that night and got 4 more all about 15" - Going back next Monday and stay for 2 weeks for my vacation Looking for sponsors to put gas in the boat (lol)(glad I bought a 4 stroke) keep hunting the crappies till I get back !!!
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you! I know you are looking forward to those 2 weeks. Hope you bring the freezer bags and the big igloo coolers. What are your favorite baits for those flatties?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejoe
    Good for you! I know you are looking forward to those 2 weeks. Hope you bring the freezer bags and the big igloo coolers. What are your favorite baits for those flatties?
    Usally live mullet if we cand find them or mud minnows - Live Shrimp work well also but you get to many other creatures going after it - I have used pin fish when all else fails
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!