Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OK ... any "volunteers" out there ......

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question OK ... any "volunteers" out there ......

that has any info to share, on what the Crappie are doing at Watts Bar :D

Lake level - water temps - water color/clarity - productive areas - productive methods ........ any such info would be greatly appreciated. I know what the TWRA website says ... but I want to hear it from our "more trustworthy" board members, and avid jig slingers/dock shooters. :D

It's getting close to time for me to plan a trip to WB ....

........luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

See this thread: http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=36555

I don't fish Watts Bar much, however Watts Bar and Chickamauga have great similarities. The fish are transitioning back into spawning areas... moving off main channel back into creeks. We found fish on main creek channels in 10-14 feet of water... and on shallow flats 6 or 7 feet deep. Better quality fish were still a little deeper on Saturday. The "dock shooters" I know around here have been catching tons of fish, but LOTS of small, non-keepers. Long-line trolling has been the ticket. 1/16th oz. jigs... pink/chartreuse has been productive. Lake levels are as low as it ever gets, water temps Saturday was 57 in AM, warming to 59 in afternoon. White's Creek is always a great crappie area on Watts Bar. Some help, maybe?
    Richard Simms
    Editor, CrappieNOW

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    that has any info to share, on what the Crappie are doing at Watts Bar :D

Lake level - water temps - water color/clarity - productive areas - productive methods ........ any such info would be greatly appreciated. I know what the TWRA website says ... but I want to hear it from our "more trustworthy" board members, and avid jig slingers/dock shooters. :D

It's getting close to time for me to plan a trip to WB ....

........luck2ya ... cp
    CP, talked with Killer & Don,his neighbor, Friday...Don fished 3 days and caught 4 fish..He said the lake was full of minnows ...He is fishing Hiwassee this week until WB picks up...Blackie & I are planning a trip down in the next couple of weeks but waiting for a good report...Until then we will be fishing High Rock in NC.

Killer has his camper for sale so we don't know how long he will be there this year...I have checked the Euchee website and talked with a young lady that works there...The rates are HIGH...She also said hardly anything going on at Eden as far a keeping the place up...They are spending a lot of money at Euchee and it shows..Don't know what they have in mind for Eden.

After Killer sells his place we will probably stay at Arrowhead..

Take care..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey DG ...

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    CP, talked with Killer & Don,his neighbor, Friday...Don fished 3 days and caught 4 fish..He said the lake was full of minnows ...He is fishing Hiwassee this week until WB picks up...Blackie & I are planning a trip down in the next couple of weeks but waiting for a good report...Until then we will be fishing High Rock in NC.

Killer has his camper for sale so we don't know how long he will be there this year...I have checked the Euchee website and talked with a young lady that works there...The rates are HIGH...She also said hardly anything going on at Eden as far a keeping the place up...They are spending a lot of money at Euchee and it shows..Don't know what they have in mind for Eden.

After Killer sells his place we will probably stay at Arrowhead..

Take care..
    Paul and I are pretty much resigned to staying at Arrowhead, ourselves. Euchee is too "upity" for us "perchjerkers" :D
    Arrowhead is about $80/night (room & slip) ... but, we're close to most of "our spots"
    Don't know when we'll be going down ... but, it will probably be the 2nd or 3rd weekend of April. Until then, I'm hoping for some good reports, too. In the meantime, with a little luck and improving weather, I may even get a chance to fish locally. But, things around here probably won't get "prime" ... until after our WB trip. Maybe we'll run into you, down there.

Take care and keep in touch .......... cp