Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Power lines on Big Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power lines on Big Sandy

Can anyone give me some ideas on the best way to fish the power lines on big sandy...spider rigging ?...verticle jigging ? Always see people fishing there but we've never had any luck there. Thanks
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check

Check your private messages. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a son that lives in Paris Tn. He is planning some trips pretty soon. If he does anything I will let you know.
    THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alot of people drifting in that area

There are alot of people drifting in that area. There's a rather large drop off that goes all the way across the river in the vicinity of the powerlines, and in addition to that, the creek channel runs between two of them. To the north-ish side of the channel are the flats, which I've never caught a fish on, but people hit that area frequently, and then on the other side are a number of small, very small, drop offs along with the big one the width of the river.

I've only been there twice myself, but all the fish I've caught in that area have been by jigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJohnson
    There are alot of people drifting in that area. There's a rather large drop off that goes all the way across the river in the vicinity of the powerlines, and in addition to that, the creek channel runs between two of them. To the north-ish side of the channel are the flats, which I've never caught a fish on, but people hit that area frequently, and then on the other side are a number of small, very small, drop offs along with the big one the width of the river.

I've only been there twice myself, but all the fish I've caught in that area have been by jigging.
    thanks casey...heading down on or about the 11th of april, gonna wait to the last minute to decide depending on the weather. Coming out of buchanan resorts marina.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's where I let in

That's where I've been letting in. Stay between the buoys!

Just for interest's sake, as you come out of the marina out into the main river, head perpindicular into the creek channel, and then cross over. There are some good points and drops right there in that vicinity.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Whackmaster, I'm going to Big Sandy the 31st for a week. We stay at Buchanon's. I have never fiqured out the power lines. I just never have spent the time. There are ton's of breaks with brush that are alot easier to locate and figure out. Also, that time of year there are bank fish.
    I'll put a report on the In. board when I get back.

Mike