Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woods is hot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woods is hot

Went to Woods this morning and started fishing around 5 o'clock. A guy was leaving as I was putting in and he said he had fished from 9 o'clock the night before all the way until then and only had 2 fish. By daylight I had already had my limit and was throwing fish back. I decided to go give the ones I caught to a friend of mine and come back. I went back and caught my limit again and started throwing them back. I probably caught 75 that would not measure and more than half of those were about 9 and 3/4 inches long. The fish are biting and they will hit minnows and jigs, done a little better on the jigs though. you just have to find the fish. Fatboy, the depth finder up front that you adjusted showed what looked like stacked up crappie in 6 feet of water and guess what. I caught them right under the trolling motor lol. You must have done something right. Anyways, just letting you all know that they are still biting at Woods. Not sure what this front will do to them though.

Post Thanks / Like

What part of Woods are you fishing if you dont mind me asking?I work right off 24 in Murfreesboro at Pillsbury/General Mills and thought about taking my boat with me one nite so I can head down that way when I get off work and see what happens.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets just say I never even had to fire the motor up. I put in at Morris Ferry and either go straight out several hundred yards and troll the channels in 11 to 14 feet or I fish the banks in that area. There is a grave yard over to your right, just out from that is a decent place. They should start biting real soon over in the coves next to the damn. I usually catch them there this time of year also but never had to go that far. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default woods

Was that not one limit over the limit?

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know coosa, what do the rules say. I said I gave them away. So they were not in my possession lol. Someone told me that the new limit rule was misleading that it contradicted itself in the book. I dont know, i havent looked. Fatboy I'm still on for Monday, what about you?

Post Thanks / Like

Woods 30 - 10" in length. Normandy 15 - 10" in length. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default WOODS LIMIT is 15!

Quote Originally Posted by ribit
    Woods 30 - 10" in length. Normandy 15 - 10" in length. lol
    The limit on Woods is 15! Correction in todays paper.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Saw that wonder what twra did about those that had more than 15 and fishing guide that said 30? Maybe a warning first time? lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

If You Guys Will Look In Your Fishing Guide First Page Or Two There Is A Section That Says "what's New". It States Limit Is 15 On Woods Reservoir. There Was A Miss Print In The Lake Specific Section. Well Anyways Me And My Two Sons Watched A Man Get A Ticket From A Federal Wildlife Officer The Other Day. Not Twra. We Forget That Woods Is A Federal Installation. Twra Patrols It As Well As The Feds. Those Fed Tickets Can Be Very Costly. Anyways...the Limit On Woods Is 15 And They Are Writing Tickets. So Just Thought I Would Share The Info.....god Bless...jim

Post Thanks / Like

How many limit's can you get in one day.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast