Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reelfoot newbies

Post Thanks / Like

Default reelfoot newbies

Hey guys and gals, Me and 11 of my buddies are heading to reelfoot for a big weekend and some great fishing!!!! None of us has been before and any tips, advice, help would be great.. Oh I almost forgot the most important one. Where the slabs are at????haha

Post Thanks / Like

I would tell you where the slabs are but i saw on your profile that your a UK fan.:D
    Have fun, and be careful. The fish are in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! I'm new to this board, as well, but I can offer a little bit of advice for a first timer. Last year was our first year down and we've decided we HAVE to go back every year! I would suggest getting a guide for the first day. They will take you to where the fish are and also give you tons of helpful information. That's what we did and it paid off tremendously! If you aren't interested in that, I would suggest fishing the trees for the bigger fish. That's where we had most of our luck for big slabs. If you are looking for numbers only, spider-rig trolling in the medium depth water will get you a boat-full in a hurry! Good luck and let us know how it turns out--we are headed down the first week of April.

crappie man Guest

Default shild

Hi I am also a newbie and I am also going down the first week in April.with my boat and camper.Any suggestions as to where to go or stay would be appreciated.I also figured on hiring a guide,who did you use? I have fished Florida and Ohio alot. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks the Crappie Man

Post Thanks / Like

hey bones, at least i won't have to miss any time fishing watching my beloved cats this year....Unlike most years...haha Thanks shild, we were thinking about getting a guide. any suggestions??

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, we hired Tim bunch and had alot of fun with him. He'll put you into some fish and also give you about 15,000 stories. (Probably only about 12 of the stories are true, but he's good for a laugh! ) They own Bunch's grocery store in Samburg, right on the lake. If you call there you will get granny or Tim's brother. They'll help you out. Be ready to step back in time when you head down there. The pace is a little slower and the people are a whole lot friendlier than where most of us come from! If Tim's booked up, I would suggest any of the others. I think anyone who's been around for a while down there will know the secrets and help you out! just do an internet search and they will pop up. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Martin28V How many guides will 11 people need? You will buy the guides out.

SHILD you need to come see me. Because the big slabs come while trolling also. You must not be holding your mouth right.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

hey cracker, you mean we all can't fit on one boat??? haha

Post Thanks / Like

Cracker, my apologies. I did say that last year was my first year down there. Maybe you could send me a pic of how to hold my mouth? haha

Post Thanks / Like

my wife and i coming on april 8th and staying at cyprus point any sugestions on where to get bait and where to start looking for crappie, this will be our first time to the lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast