Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default New To crappie fishing

I'm so new don't know where to get started. I have 4 grandchildren. I remember when I was young my grandparents taught me to fish and I'm now 58 and love to fish. I mostly fish for spotted bass in Georgia's Lake Lanier. I've been reading a lot about spider rigging and crankbait fishing. I want to learn so that when I do take my grandchildren they will catch fish

Any tips would be most helpful. I have a 21' Triton F&S.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest using the search option on your interests, and read, read, and then read! Lots of great info has been posted on this site.
    Likes ad1974, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you go to the Georgia forum that way you'll get a bunch of info from the area you want to fish. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/georgia/
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep you can learn a ton about Crappie fishing on here,pretty much anything you would want to learn.Like the other fellows suggested use the search and hit up the Georgia forum,there's probably some guys who fish Lanier that can point you in the right direction.Crappie fishing is a whole lot of fun for kids!

Post Thanks / Like

best tip in the world is TAKE A TRIP WITH MRDUX "CRAPPIE GILLS AND MORE" GUIDE SERVICE ON KY LAKE
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Ok you have read and seen videos of how to so now it is time to just get out on the water and spend time doing what you have learned. The fish on your Lake will teach you what will work and what will not work as ever Lake is different. My biggest tip would be to buy the best sonar with biggest screen you can afford as this will be your eyes to finding fish on your lake. I will be looking forward to seeing your fishing reports and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

All the above is spot on info. Its how I learned.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. I would go out a few times with someone. Learn a few knots especially the Palomar knot, Read the forum here on crappie.com daily especially the Jig Tying / Lure Making DIY forums if you want to learn hot to tie your own jig or make your own soft plastic lures. The people on those forums here will help you a lot. You can also check out the tons of crappie fishing videos on you tube.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papasboat View Post
    I mostly fish for spotted bass in Georgia's Lake Lanier.
    Then you probably already have all the tackle you need. A light spinning rod and a handful of jigs will catch crappie anywhere in the country.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend finding someone in your area that uses the technique. I learned more than i could read when a member did the same for me when i started a year ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast