Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: SNOOPY says >>> yes he uses ARKIE baits !

Post Thanks / Like

Default SNOOPY says >>> yes he uses ARKIE baits !

I use multiple varieties of jigs in plastics and in handties . Mostly never use live bait for crappie as it takes the challenge out of it for me . Arkie makes a solid body tube in a pure pearl that I really like , its rather durable and has a great tantalizing tail action . I typically separate all the tails and shorten one or 3 of them a bit to give it extra "dance" and flutter .
    The jighead I was running the day I took some of these photos was a crazy shad that I built up with 3 d eyes and glitter nail polish in a 1/32 .
    here are a few photos from the last weekend on a local spot in Ft. Worth ...
    so yes them there Arkie tubes are tested and approved by me , Tex and Snoopy ....
    hopefully some of you get out there soon and give the fish a whats for as the bite is growing stronger daily .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr, skiptomylu, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos - cut dog BTW.

Arkie has been around for decades and offers lure designs known to catch fish - especially pan fish using their Sexy Tail Shad grubs in almost any color, rigged on a light ball head jig. When Gander Mt. closed recently, I bought whatever was on the shelf for 60% off Now I'm set for life (as if I wasn't already with all the lures I own or can produce myself).

The only difference is the knot I use - a uni-knot pulled tight using 4 - 6 # test leader.

Finesse action tails make all the difference - including tube tails - when retrieved at a very slow uneven speed. Those tubes can catch at least four species in one outing.
    Last edited by Spoonminnow; 09-07-2017 at 08:10 AM.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos and which do you think was the main attraction, the tube or the jig head

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ketchn, did you get a new boat? I remember here a while back you had an accident in your boat and were looking for another one. Nice fish and dog. My dog patch died a year ago (old age) and I sure do miss her, so I like seeing people's dogs with them like that. There is an older gentleman that fishes one of my home lakes a lot and when he dumps his boat and ties it up, he always opens up the back seat on his boat and then his dog jumps out of his truck and runs to the boat and gets in that back seat, it always makes me smile when I see them.
    Anyway, nice catch.

later...etex
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch! I am assuming Snoopy is the dog, or did you get a new rod and reel.
    Likes Cane Pole, Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking jig,nice catch.

Post Thanks / Like

what kind of a knot is that? loop knot?

Post Thanks / Like

snoopy is my buds dog , tex is my bud , that is tex's boat ,yes that is a loop knot ....the main attraction was the ARKIE bait I also ran it on other jigheads as well lately and had similar results .....sure does make breakoffs routine on 4 lb test I might just add
    and I just like pretty jigheads sometimes ....
    no boat as of yet but I might go look at a 17 foot Lowe about and hour plus away this weekend ....
    stay tuned but don't stay thirsty my friends
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Nice jigs, fine catch and the most wonderful looking pooch!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."