Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Douglas 3/9/07

Post Thanks / Like

Default Douglas 3/9/07

Pathetic.....is a good word for the crappie bite on Douglas. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to fish the creek channels in Mid-March. I found fish and shad, but managed one keeper. I tried long line and botton bouncing with every bait I have. Fished Muddy Creek, Mcguire Creek, and Nina Creek. The water is awful looking. I haven't seen it like this before. It reminds you of turning over water in the fall. Greenish yellow yucky crap. Save your gas and go somewhere else.
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
    Pathetic.....is a good word for the crappie bite on Douglas. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to fish the creek channels in Mid-March. I found fish and shad, but managed one keeper. I tried long line and botton bouncing with every bait I have. Fished Muddy Creek, Mcguire Creek, and Nina Creek. The water is awful looking. I haven't seen it like this before. It reminds you of turning over water in the fall. Greenish yellow yucky crap. Save your gas and go somewhere else.
    now dave don't get upset I have fish douglas for 35 years & this is the muddyiest I have seen it and by the way I LIVE AT KODAK TO I'AM NOT GOING TO FISH TILL MONDAY let all the boats get off the lake I went thursday had 1 keeper

Post Thanks / Like

We need about 3 days of warm soaking rain. I can't believe how muddy the water is. Its not like the rain has poured.
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Post Thanks / Like

We caught a bunch of little ones and had 8 keepers. All of them but one came from Muddy Creek.
    Lot of trash and debris in the water. Temp was 51 this morning and 55 when we left.

Post Thanks / Like

dont feel bad i live in south knox & went too ft loudon & in one of the places i fish they dropped the water level 2-3 feet caught 1 lg bass the water was real muddy there also there is a couple places up the road from there that just taking a drive looked muddy & nasty & looked like they dropped the water there too am still going too find a place too go tomorrow the wife gave me the weekend too fish so i took advanatage of it