Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deacon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deacon

Deacon I got about 20 more buckets from work to cement some more trees in they are under the carport just take what you need if I'm not there when you go and let me know when you are ready to sink them cause I will try to get more cemented on this end also. I would like to get them in the water soon so they will be ready after the fish spawn and are looking for a stageing area afterwards those trees should make an Ideal spot for them. That sandycove pit where we dropped those 11 trees will really be a good spot since that pit dosn't have much structure in it and the shad are pentifull in there so they should start staying around those trees soon which in turn will draw the slabs in.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Deacon I got about 20 more buckets from work to cement some more trees in they are under the carport just take what you need if I'm not there when you go and let me know when you are ready to sink them cause I will try to get more cemented on this end also. I would like to get them in the water soon so they will be ready after the fish spawn and are looking for a stageing area afterwards those trees should make an Ideal spot for them. That sandycove pit where we dropped those 11 trees will really be a good spot since that pit dosn't have much structure in it and the shad are pentifull in there so they should start staying around those trees soon which in turn will draw the slabs in.
    To all a word of advise, Make sure the cement is cured before you sink.
    This is funny now but was not funny in the cold wind yesterday in a little 10' aluminum boat. I dropped the three structures I made with the buckets steve talks about above. Evidently I did not let the concrete dry long enough because about three minutes after I dropped the buckets in about 16' of water all the boards came shooting up like missles launched from a submarine.
    Needless to say things got tense for a little while
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon, I know you hated to lose all that hard work, but I'm glad you can see the humor in it now. I wish I could have seen that. At least you got your boards back, to use again.---Pooch