Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 6/14/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 6/14/17

We started fishing at 8:00 am sharp and I had the first crappie in the boat at 8:10! We though for sure our luck had taken a turn for the better. With each fishing adventure we are progressively improving with our results! Last Saturday it was 23. Monday it was 24. Guess what today's total was? Yep....25!!! LOL! Gee, we should open our own "Guide Service" at this rate (NOT)!

Well what the heck....it was a great day to be alive and fishing regardless. Last night we had a strong cold front come through (gotta have some excuse, right?) which broke the 3 day heat wave we've been experiencing - with temps in the mid-90's. The water was steady at 73 degrees. The air this morning was down to 63 degrees when we launched; increasing to the low 80's by the time we pulled off at 2 pm. Here's what the day started out looking like:

Name:  Scene.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  73.9 KB

Pretty day for sure. Light to moderate breezes from time to time, made for a decent drift for us most of the day. We hit the coves to eliminate the shallow water to start with. Very little going on along the weed lines. They must be pretty near done with the spawn and should be setting up on their deeper water patterns soon. First fish of the day however, was not a crappie! Walt nailed this largemouth on a tiny jig drifting over 22' of water....and.....on 2# test line I might add. Pretty decent job!

Name:  Walt_Bass.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  141.6 KB

And here's Walt with one of the average crappie we caught & released, along with that bass, today:

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  122.7 KB

I also snapped Walt landing one:

Name:  Walt_Landing.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  108.0 KB

Yes....I was in the boat too! Here's one of mine as well:

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  146.0 KB

And one of our famous "Fire Drills" as I attempted to land a double:

Name:  Rich_Double.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  127.9 KB

I also lost a couple of small bass that decided to put on an aerial display and then spit my offering back at me, as if to say, "are you kidding me!" Lots of fun!

Most of the number caught today actually came on a pink & chartreuse Roadrunner which was custom tied by one of our members for me. Straight tails did better today, as well as the Sliders. We caught a glimpse of a red fox on the way to the launch today. And I forgot to mention the bobcat we saw crossing the road in front of us on the previous post. Wildlife sightings are improving! All is good with life. Hope some of you got out to enjoy.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.