Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hydraulic Steering Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hydraulic Steering Problem

Went Fishing And On Way Back I Got On Plane And The Boat Just Turned Hard To The Left.got To Messing With It And Noticed There Was About A 1/2 Turn Of Play In The Wheel And It Was Some Hydraulic Fluid Around The Base Of The Wheel.i Carried It The Ranger Dealer And He Said He Had Never Seen The Problem Before.our Work Crappie Tournament Is Saturday And It Dont Look Like I Will Have My Boat Going.if Any Of You Have Ever Had This Problem Or Have Ideas I Would Really Appreciate Your Help

Post Thanks / Like

I had a problem with the Sea start hydraulic steering on my Triton. Turned out to be an O-ring at the fill point. Just replaced the O-ring and problem solved. Unfortunately it did ruin the carpet and had to have it replaced. Might get lucky and be the same thing.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like an o ring and lack of fluid would give slack in the wheel. should be easy fix hope it works out for ya

Post Thanks / Like

Partners Stratos did same thing, almost launched his wife overboard! Had leaking o-ring which allowed air in the system. Try bleeding it and adding some fluid. Good luck, hope ya getter fixed!