Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bodcau Wma Spillway

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bodcau Wma Spillway

HAS ANYONE EVER FISHED THE SPILLWAY AT BODCAU? IF SO DID YOU DO ANY GOOD. ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWHERE TO GO THAT IS ACCESSIBLE BY A PIROUGUE?

Post Thanks / Like

Default csullivan.....

Quote Originally Posted by csullivan
    HAS ANYONE EVER FISHED THE SPILLWAY AT BODCAU? IF SO DID YOU DO ANY GOOD. ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWHERE TO GO THAT IS ACCESSIBLE BY A PIROUGUE?
    Welcome aboard, we're glad to have another member in N. LA.

I've checked around with some of the guys I know that hunt in Bodcau. They told me they've seen people fishing from boats at the spillway, but none of them have fished there themselves. I have a buddy that has fished Bodcau in a boat, but I will have to catch him at home and find out where and how. Will drop you a post when I know something.

Post Thanks / Like

Labill, Thanks For The Reply, But I Went To Bodcau And Looked Around. I Found Some Spots To Put A Jon Boat In At, And Found Ivan Lake. I Tried Jigging Around The Spillway But Didn't Catch Anything. Might Try To Go Back When Its A Little Warmer And Put The Boat In And Try To Catch Something Back In The Trees

Post Thanks / Like

Default csullivan....

Quote Originally Posted by csullivan
    Labill, Thanks For The Reply, But I Went To Bodcau And Looked Around. I Found Some Spots To Put A Jon Boat In At, And Found Ivan Lake. I Tried Jigging Around The Spillway But Didn't Catch Anything. Might Try To Go Back When Its A Little Warmer And Put The Boat In And Try To Catch Something Back In The Trees
    You're welcome, cs. I'm assuming you got my email. Good luck when you get a chance to go, keep us posted on your catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishin Bodcau

the 'ramp' on hwy 162 at the 'twin bridge' is nuthin but a
    'dirt road spot' to launch your small boat or pirogue, gets
    nasty when it rains, you can back your trailer in far enough to
    launch an alum boat, you can go up or down the bayou ,
    the main launch is a nice concrete, you
    can only go up from this launch. be careful and don't get turned
    around in the woods, lotta forks n' turns in the creek.
    Lake Ivan was drained to nuthin but a mudhole from what I hear this last
    summer, don't know if they are gonna restock it. anyone heard?

good fishin'

Last edited by dmann436; 06-14-2006 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bodcau

Well I fished Bodcau last Sunday and caught one bass. A friend of mine said that he was catching some crappie in the hole north of the dam. So I took some shinners and went and gave it a try and caught nothing. Went over to the dam and fished by the concrete walls and had at least three water snakes swim out from the rocks right beside my feet. Snakes are everywhere at the Bodcau dam. If you plan on fishing the north end take a small small boat, the water is very low. I heard of some other friends of mine that have been doing well on the red. They said that they were fishing in about 7ft of water and was having to tip the jig with a shinner. I plan on making a trip Sunday. Talk to yall soon.
    Toby "Radar" Rivers