Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where is everyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is everyone?

Everyone must be on the water except for those of us who still have to work for a living. I will get there someday. Just hate to look out here right now with the beautiful weather we are having knowing it would be a great day to fish. **ll anyday is a great day to fish in my book. I think I might have a sick day tommorrow. I feel something coming on and just can't get a handle on it. Think some may know what's wrong???? Talked to a buddy last night and he was off yesterday and tore them up. He said he caught some real nice fish in the 1 1/4 to 2 Lb. range. Just makes you sick to hear that kind of news knowing you can't go. Well, I can see now that bug is coming on me the more I sit here. I bet there are others out there that get that same bug from time to time. Anyone have any reports anywhere else in the N. LA. area????

Post Thanks / Like

Well..i went yesterday in the back yard...(LaFouche) for about one hour ..4 to 5 pm) and got shunked. Not a single bite.

Hope this makes you feel alittle better...LMAO.

But today is so beautiful..but got to get some work done so i guess it'll be saturday before i can go again.

We're going to Shreveport and BPS tomorrow..

keep them lines tight.

later
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

specker Guest

Just talked to a customer that said she caught a bunch of fish close to the shore in 3' of water at Poverty Point yesterday. She said the fish were full of eggs. Sounds like the spawn is starting up there. Guess I'll try the pier tonight and see if anything is shakin.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Specker I know about what they are catching at Poverty Point. I live there. The fish they are catching in the shallow water are real small fish. They are in a little cove going into the north marina ans on the south end as well. They do that every year. The bigger Crappie are still in the deeper water though. I fish the deeper channels ( 12 - 20 Ft). How is the fishing on D'arbonne? I've heard conflicting reports. Quess everyone is wanting to keep them to themselves or they really aren't doing anything. Good LUCK FISHING. Yes, I'll be on the lake early Saturday morning trying my hand at them too.

specker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lovetofish
    Yes, Specker I know about what they are catching at Poverty Point. I live there. The fish they are catching in the shallow water are real small fish. They are in a little cove going into the north marina ans on the south end as well. They do that every year. The bigger Crappie are still in the deeper water though. I fish the deeper channels ( 12 - 20 Ft). How is the fishing on D'arbonne? I've heard conflicting reports. Quess everyone is wanting to keep them to themselves or they really aren't doing anything. Good LUCK FISHING. Yes, I'll be on the lake early Saturday morning trying my hand at them too.
    LTF,

D'arbonne is still going, there were plenty of boats pulling out when I got home from work. I'm going Sat. at daybreak.