Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigs

In review of the thread on pics for spider rig set ups,(posted this response there but evidently no one is still viewing it) I don't see any different mounts shown in the pictures so I assume you use the same mounts when trolling. Correct me .... as I'm a Rookie but a Spider rig is usually used to vertical fish and Trolling is mostly horizontal fishing with varying lengths of line beside and behind the boat........right? Most trollers that I've seen usually mount their front rod supports to the side rather than facing front. So I'm wondering if one needs to make any adaptations to the setup when changing from one setup to the other. ?????

Post Thanks / Like

the driftmaster t bars I use are adjustable to where I can turn the bar to the front or to the side

Post Thanks / Like

my boat is set up for nightstalking, with rod holder all the way around the rim. i can go from nightstalking to spider riggin to long line trolling out the back to a catfish drift set up or a striper live bait set up in just a couple minutes by readjusting the holders. all my tbars are home made with drift master holders and rail mounts. unless we are nightstalking, when im in other modes, i remove the racks im not gonna use with a pipe wrench.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...