Hello All,

Looks can be deceiving. The weather looked like Mother Nature was going to let us have it all day long. High winds that will change directions, rain, thunder and lightning, the whole ball of wax. We were prepared for it all. Fortunately, she provided one of the best days to Crappie fish imaginable. Sure we had some wind and a little rain, even the lake was a rockin and rolling. However, all 21 teams managed to bring a limit to the scales. Not just a limit of dinks either. If you weren’t weighing 11” Crappie, you weren’t even close to winning. About 1.5 pounds separated First to last place. 10 teams brought more than 5 pounds of fish to the scale. We were close to breaking 6 pounds, but fell short by 1.5 ounces.

I heard the same comment at the ramp/scales, “Where did you fish? We hardly saw anyone all day long!” Chad and I had the same observation. We ran into 1 or 2 other teams all day long. Just goes to prove what a great fishery Clinton has become. We also noticed the level of competition has improved over the years. Previous years about half the teams would bring in a limit, this year all 21 teams brought in a limit. Despite the cold, dreary rainy day. The Crappie were on fire, especially in the wind. Windless coves were barren of fish. It was incredible!!!

We would like to thank the winners.
1st Place- Nest & Reynolds 5 pds. 14.4 ounces
2nd Place- Steve Zehr 5 pds. 14.0 ounces
3rd Place- Tradeau & Tradeau 5 pds. 13.3 ounces
4th Place- Wrage & Stoll 5 pds. 9.8 ounces

Big Fish went to the team of Goodbrake & Goodbrake with a winning weight of 1 pound 4.2 ounces.

Congratulations to all the winners!!! Job well done.

The next HOI Crappie Club tournament is a points tournament on Banner Marsh April 15th. Winner will be invited to Crappie USA Classic provided you are a member of both clubs. If you would like to sign up for the club, contact me. To sign up for Crappie USA go to their site and join. Crappie USA :: 2017 Tournament Trail

Questions, please ask.
Thanks,

Tim Hanauer
HOI Crappie Club

Name:  Clinton 1st Place.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  46.8 KB
Name:  Clinton 2nd Place.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  43.0 KB
Name:  Clinton 3rd Place.jpg
Views: 448