Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat cover

I wasnt sure where to post this but I hope its ok to ask it here. I usually try to keep myboat in my shop, but I need to build some wood projects and I need more room in my shop, therefore I am moving my boat outside. My question is, are there any good boat covers to use to keep water out and if so what kind? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    Crappie snatcher

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dcamper002.jpg

i made this from a vinyal with a nylon mesh inside for strength . this is simular to herculite . half the price . it is a little stiffer .would run about $280.00 . tht is if the co. still have some of that material and it is that size boat.it is a 15 ft. bumble bee
    retired and now i will always fish

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

The better Bass Pro covers are pretty good. I've had mine for like 3 years and it keeps water out. It was like $200 but I had a friend buy it that works there so I 40% off. It was money well spent. They have a good warranty (5-6 years) Check out the Sun-Armor or the Hurricane covers. I would recommend just getting the gray because I've heard the colored ones will fade a little sitting in the sun for a few years. But covers are definitely something where you get what you pay for.

I been meaning to carry mine back and say it leaks just to get a new one, is that wrong?
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey this is what I did. I called up my local boat shop and asked them if they had any covers that they wanted to give away. Whenever a boat is shipped to a dealer they come with that white cover and alot of time the boat shop just hangs onto them and doesnt give them to the buyer. I have had mine for a year with no problems, it looks nice since it has the tracker boats logo on it and better yet it was free.