Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Morning or afternoon?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morning or afternoon?

This time of year is afternoon fishin better than mornin time? Cuz of water temp. Or does it even make difference? Are they gonna be in the same places?
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Water temps. will warm up in the afternoon as long as theres Sun.I"ve found the fish will move up in the water colum as it does and become more active!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The two things are night time lows and sunshine. First pick northwest areas of the lake and colred waters. These warm the fastest . I usually start further out and move in . The fish will stage on the first brushpiles and drop offs. The males will start making trips to the nesting shallows as soon as the water gets in the 62 range. They will pull back if the water cools overnight. A temp gauge is a great tool this time of year. One day of warm sunshine can bring the water temps up several degrees. Last March 17 the temp jumped up to 65-68 degrees. My son and I caught a 52lb stringer right on the bank. It turned cold over night and they were gone the next day. They are on the move this early and change locations often. This is my opinion ,fish are like women. When you think you have them figured out ,they'll throw you a curve.:rolleyes:
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I Agree

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    Water temps. will warm up in the afternoon as long as theres Sun.I"ve found the fish will move up in the water colum as it does and become more active!!
    As a rule I find what Dennis said to be true this time of year. But you also have to remember that every day is a little different. Some days it's a good morning bite, some days it's a good mid-day bite, and some days it's a good afternoon bite. But more days than not I find the above rule to hold true.

I have had days that I was catch'n fish in the morning and just all of a sudden they quit; or I thought they quit. I have learned that by simply raising up a foot or two many times I can get right back in the fish.
    :D
    Last edited by Wiskers; 02-25-2007 at 07:51 AM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Both! But I am more comfortable in the sunny afternoon so I fish that more often......