HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Charlie brewer sldier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie brewer sldier

Just learning how to crappie fish..wondering what colors are best for trolling and long lining..
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Southeast Central Mississippi. Black/chartreuse don't leave home without it especially if the water is stained or muddy.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Sodbuster, STUMP HUNTER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tks for the info gonna try it out here in east tn... lake chickamauga

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Tks for the info gonna try it out here in east tn... lake chickamauga
    Check over on the Tenn state forum & see what the gang that fishes Chickamauga are having success with.

But, at the same time, don't get hung up on any one color or color combo ... as Crappie will change their minds about what colors they want (sometimes several times a day, too )

I don't fish the Chick ... but, I do fish Watts Bar on occasion, and I've found many combinations of colors to work ... just not necessarily year to year. But, overall, colors in combination with or having a chartreuse tail have worked most often.

But also remember ... even if you are using the most deadly color(s) known to man & guaranteed to catch Crappie anywhere/anytime ... they won't work unless you find the fish AND present them (correct depth/speed) according to what the fish are wanting "at that time/place". And not every fish in the school will necessarily "want" the same colors at the same time. So, give them a smorgasbord of colors to choose from ... and let them decide !!
    Likes wannabe fisherman, tahoe 50, Jiggah LIKED above post

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would check around some of the local bait shops and ask what colors seem to work for their customers. I would try Junebug/chart. and Funky Monky. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes Jiggah LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tks for the advice crappiepappy and I also fish watts bar but mostly for the rock fish and catfish..
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-26-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pappy sounds like you been reading "Buck Perry" location, location, location. Followed by presentation. I bought the complete series and read them all several times. The man had the mind of a fish. And not just crappie. Most of that folks will tell you that the fish will tell you what they want. Just got to listen, and rear as much of Crappie.com as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Check over on the Tenn state forum & see what the gang that fishes Chickamauga are having success with.

But, at the same time, don't get hung up on any one color or color combo ... as Crappie will change their minds about what colors they want (sometimes several times a day, too )

I don't fish the Chick ... but, I do fish Watts Bar on occasion, and I've found many combinations of colors to work ... just not necessarily year to year. But, overall, colors in combination with or having a chartreuse tail have worked most often.

But also remember ... even if you are using the most deadly color(s) known to man & guaranteed to catch Crappie anywhere/anytime ... they won't work unless you find the fish AND present them (correct depth/speed) according to what the fish are wanting "at that time/place". And not every fish in the school will necessarily "want" the same colors at the same time. So, give them a smorgasbord of colors to choose from ... and let them decide !!
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe 50 View Post
    Pappy sounds like you been reading "Buck Perry" location, location, location.
    I used to read BP in the old "Fishing Facts" mag.

You'd never know it from reading his articles, but his favorite thing was fly fishing for white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

You night fishing, day fishing, in murky or clear water?

Black / Chart ... Pink / Chart ... Brown / Chart ... Black / Pink ... Blue / Chart