Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: i need wisconsin info!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default i need wisconsin info!!!

allrighty, here's what i want to do. i'm tired of ice fishing in a half-a@#$d manner here around st. louis in the winter. we had our coldest stretch in 25 years and most of our lakes only built up maybe 4" of ice. next winter, i want to come up there for 4-7 days to really ice fish, in a shanty and everything. i'm doing research on this now though. when do you think would be a good time to do this? lake options? i would need one with a lodge or something real close where i could sleep. just looking for some info from the people that know. thanks in advance.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a long time since I did any ice fishing in WI, but I still get some reports from family up there. One thing you didn't mention was what you plan on fishing for. If you want walley or perch check out Lake Winnebago or Butt des Moir or Lake Poygan. Green Lake has some good ice fishing, but I never fished it so I don't know what they catch there. I was just told that it is a good ice fishing lake. An internet search on any of these lakes should produce some information. You might also want to look into Cedar Lake in Manitowoc County. I fished that a lot growing up and we did real good on the bluegill and northern pike. I hear the crappie population is starting to look good in that lake. If you fish Cedar Lake drop a line in Boy Scout Bay. All these lakes are in east central to central Wisconsin. The thing about WI is there are so many lakes it is hard to choose which one to fish. Here is a website that also might be some help to you. Good luck in your search.
    http://www.lake-link.com/

NC CRAPPIE SLAYER Guest

Default fishing in wi

if you get a chance head a little north and fish nelson lake in hayward really good lake to fish. it one of the best winter and spring lakes around ..