HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Change Is Coming

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change Is Coming

After all the years of crappie fishing, my fishing buddy and I are going after Bluegill, Bream, Shell Crackers this year. I think it will be good to get away from the crappie this spring. It seems to be getting like a rat race more each year. So this year my Sam Heaton 10ft. pole and a bucket of crickets will be all I will need. Besides I think a bream taste a little better that a crappie anyway...
    Likes shipahoy41, blueball, John Doe LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and have fun. A springtime shellcracker bed can be quite fun! And, right...they are tasty.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I made the same move last yr. We enjoy the red ear a lot . I still single pole for crappie most weekends in march/april . Will also travel to spider rig with friends once in a while . Living a ways from the big lakes makes traveling to tippah, presley, lamar bruce and trace if they ever get it fixed attractive .
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have fun with it. Been thinking on a trip to the St Johns to fool with the warmouth and gills myself.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I'll never give up crappie fishing, but all these years I haven't even planed a bluegill trip at all, so I'm dedicating this spring to bluegill and crackers. I got one lake already set up to spend a week at in April, and will pick one more in May in the next couple days.
    I love crappie fishing, but those bluegill have a place in my heart too...
    Likes crappiefarmer, blueball, Dollfly, John Doe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My dad absolutely loves catching big bluegill, I always take a couple of weeks in May to go after them.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I also love catching Bluegill and shellcracker. That is why I started raising my own red wigglers.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there much difference between pan fish species when it comes to catching them? Every time I fish, I catch gills, crappie and y. perch as well as the occasional bass and pickerel. Tackle is the same along with presentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    I also love catching Bluegill and shellcracker. That is why I started raising my own red wigglers.

Hey Skip do you raise your worms during winter, and if so where do you keep them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonminnow View Post
    Is there much difference between pan fish species when it comes to catching them? Every time I fish, I catch gills, crappie and y. perch as well as the occasional bass and pickerel. Tackle is the same along with presentation.
    Well I think there is a difference with crappie. Bream will bite just about most anything, but their mouth is so small you need to scale down the size of bait, or jig so they can get it in their mouth. You would more than likely catch more gills if you were using smaller size set up.
    The hook size needs to be smaller along with the size of line to be able to catch gills on a consistent basic....IMO
    Likes jusphil85 LIKED above post
    Thanks PDog thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast