Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Public Crappie houses 101 ......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Public Crappie houses 101 ......

get reliable information before you go , ask about the bite "window" . ask about the depth and presentation . ask what colors are producing .
    if all else fails ask the marina operators or barge owners , how many vehicles are there and when .
    last but not least be friendly when you get there and ask the folks ketchn crappie the same questions .
    if you add all the information up you should come up with a fairly simple equation and then simply divide them lips .....
    p.s. don't get carried away and keep lots or you may not be welcome when you return and give some away if you don't want some for dinner . I kept a 6 pack and tossed everything that needed to be measured back .....
    I hit a 2 hour window and it was a SLAM fest for sure .....probably managed at least 50 or more pretty easily .....all white crappie and one lone bream ....
    and yes it was pretty ccccold for Texas as well ...
    all fish were flat out parked on the BOTTOM and wanted it held VERY still ....around 15 foot deep water
    .....lost a few and missed a ton of them as well ....
    several colors produced well and I opted for a silver straight plastic with a pink head 1/32
    7 to 9 am .....before that not much and after that its over .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish.Thanks for the posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

quick update ....actually had 2 hiding under the 6 pack ......lol ....seemed like it was taking a bit long to clean 6 after work and i went hey why is there 5 still to fillet when i done 3 already ? ....
    the other thing worthy of mention is 8 hours without water in the fridge in a bag in a bowl and they were all still quite frisky ? the other half said at lunch she could hear them flopping in the fridge ....
    and YES they were quite tasty ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Slab, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn you are catching so many good ones and at least you can keep some of this bunch. good for you!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on asking everyone you meet, most will share, some won't and my fishing buddy says you can't ask all those questions and i tell him to shut up, if they don't want to tell they will say so. guess that's the salesman in me that no isn't a big deal