Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Suffix line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone using Suffix line?

I was wondering if it doesn't loop coming off your spinning reel like they claim? Also, how is the neon green line compared to stren gold for visibility? I was thinking of getting some large spools of the stuff if you guys like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some with the understanding it wouldnt loop. WRONG. It could hardly wait for me to open the bail. I turned the spool over, used a pencil and stood on my head to try to keep the twist out of it. I'm hoping when I carry it down the river behind my boat it will get better. It seems to be really tough line, but for me it has been the worst for "auto-un-spooling".

Post Thanks / Like

Don't buy Sufix Elite or Siege, its junk, get Sufix Promix or Gamma. Promix - penny for penny the best line I've ever used. 1/4 lb spool for 12 bucks. Gamma is as good and better in a couple ways, but more $$.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a spool of it once and used it on a baitcaster. The line memory was terrible. Maybe I just got a bad spool, but I won't buy it again. I mostly use BPS line (Excel) for my lighter lines (up to 10 lb) and Big Game for my heavier lines (12-30 lb). They're cheaper, and I've never had a problem with them. The best line that I've used is P-line, and I spool a couple of bait casters up with that every year. I also use a lot of Power Pro (10-80 lb), which I think is an excellent line.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

BOUGHT SOME LAST YEAR--CAN SEE GOLDEN STREN A LOT BETTER ---USE MOSTLY BAIT CASTERS BUT IT DOES HAVE A MEMORY --PROLLY WON,T BUY ANY MORE
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

It works well for me on my 10 ft. slab seeker fishin pole. I like the hi-vis so I can see my line better. Tried it on my spin cast and did have some problems with it coiling up on me, could be my fault on how I spooled it on my line though.
    Kevin Kubiak
    Lake Granger Crappie Guide
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

Post Thanks / Like

In general except for tackletour.com the majority of the reviews of Sufix elite or seige lines have been pretty bad with the same complaints as listed above. They made a big mistake marketing that line so agressively when they have other lines that are so much better. Don't judge Sufix all bad because of those two lines. Thier other lines are excellent and I suggest you try them, especially Promix. www.bubbajackstackle.com
    Good things come to those who bait.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Sufix Elite (6lb) on all my polls and do not have any problem with it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like I'll stick to my Stren high-vis gold 6# test. It has worked well for me, but I'm always looking for something better.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it on my 9' float n' fly and I like it. I can throw it a mile and seems to be strong. My new like is XXX P-Line. Good Stuff. Put your line on wet no matter what kind you use.
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast