Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Memorial Day "Thanks" & Remembering

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorial Day "Thanks" & Remembering

To all veterans on this board, my heartfelt "Thanks" for your time you served and service in defending our rights either in combat or as support troops. My Dad served in N. Africa, Italy and Germany during WWII, my wife's grandfather went in on Omaha Beach on D-Day, my nephew served with the 101st Airborne in the first Desert Storm and I have a son-in-law serving with the 1st Cav now in Iraq. I served with the 2nd Armored Div (Ft Knox) & 106th Trans Bn HHQ (Germany) from 1966-69. Joined up but couldn't go to Nam. So you can see why Memorial Day and Veteran's Day are very important to me and my family. I hope everybody realizes just how much our freedoms have cost us and never forgets the vets who won them for all of us. It's a brotherhood I'm proud to be a part of. God bless America!!!

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Brotherhood and Sisterhood

Quote Originally Posted by Larry C
    To all veterans on this board, my heartfelt "Thanks" for your time you served and service in defending our rights either in combat or as support troops. My Dad served in N. Africa, Italy and Germany during WWII, my wife's grandfather went in on Omaha Beach on D-Day, my nephew served with the 101st Airborne in the first Desert Storm and I have a son-in-law serving with the 1st Cav now in Iraq. I served with the 2nd Armored Div (Ft Knox) & 106th Trans Bn HHQ (Germany) from 1966-69. Joined up but couldn't go to Nam. So you can see why Memorial Day and Veteran's Day are very important to me and my family. I hope everybody realizes just how much our freedoms have cost us and never forgets the vets who won them for all of us. It's a brotherhood I'm proud to be a part of. God bless America!!!
    Larry, lets not forget the women also. My daughter was in Rhiaud Saudi Arabia for 15 months, supporting from there, and her husband was in Iraq for a year, in the infantry. They were seperated for a year and a half. My wife also served in the Air Force, and it is how we met and have been married for 32 years this coming July.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You Veterans!

LarryC:
    I wish to thank you for your service to our country. We would not be free without sacrafice.

This goes to all the veterans out there. Special thannks to the WWII vets as there generation is leaving us so fast that we better thank them now while we still can talk to them. They won't be here much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry C
    Regards,

Moose1am