Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: charging glow baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default charging glow baits

What's the best way you have found to charge glow baits if fishing at night

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    What's the best way you have found to charge glow baits if fishing at night
    I'd use a "blacklight" .. of course, I already have two that I use for nighttime Bass fishing, so that wouldn't be a major purchase for me. And if you were using hi-vis line, that would be a plus, since your line would glow and allow you to see lite bites (or even distant floats, if they happen to have fluorescent paint on them).

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a cheap black light on E-bay.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There are products for charging glow baits. Search ice fishing products. I think Clam has a jig charger
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

A disposable camera. Free when u are done taking pics Modify it to flash without film. Been using one with the same battery for a long time.
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Post Thanks / Like

The best way to charge baits is with natural UV light (The sun). Throw your baits on the dash during the day or, leave them out in the sunlight before you go fishing.

The newer glow colors that some bait makers use (soft plastics and hard baits) can glow for as long as 8 hours when charged in the sun.

In a pinch, black light or camera flashes (and speciality UV lights) will work but they only charge them for a short period of time. Sunlight will give you the most bang for your buck when it comes to glow baits.

In walleye tournaments, we put all of our glow baits in an enclosed space with a black light (at 5am). We blast off around 7am. If we need them right away, we pull them out of the space. If not, we wait until the sun is up and remove them from the box and place them on the deck or the dash.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I use. Made a box with 6 flashes and the flash light does a lot better.
    12 LED UV Flashlight Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!