Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough day.

I certainly don't catch fish each trip out. Yesterday was a tough bite. Only had 5 quality fish. Did manage 8 more that legally were keepers...10 inches. It was a very nice day weather wise. Although there was smoke in the air from quite a number of forest fires in East TN. Had one going as I crossed Monteagle coming back home. All fish caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet using 2# test line and the Major craft FineTail Banshee Area Trout Rod 6' 7" UL. Love using the JDM rods. I have been asking for cooler weather and now I have it. Today and tomorrow the wind is going to be strong so I will take a break. Hope to be back at it on Friday......may have to change specie though.....the white bass are on a tear below Pickwick...LOL. Life is good!

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images      

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and those 10 inches eat good to. Thanks for sharing
    Likes eeker01, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, those are some fat boys. Nice report.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job out there. This time of the year, the fishing can be hit or miss. But ya have to persevere....as the ole' Indian once said.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Great fish! Congrats!

Sorry for the wildfires. I work for Forestry and here in Alabama, out of 67 counties, we're staying pretty busy! AFC Announcements

Good luck and stay safe!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've been over that mountain. What town do you call home? I was 10 years in Manchester and Hillsboro. Miss it all the time.

And you know that every day on the water isn't deducted from your life. The fish are just icing on the cake. Glad you got to go.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.....I bought a home in Murfreesboro last year. I am very blessed to fish as much as I do. Since 2001 I have fished 5 days a week...365 a year....up until about 3 years ago. I have slowed down and it averages out about 3 days a week now.....but I avoid the cold now like the plague...LOL. In the spring though it is 5-6 days a week from March-May. I burn up the roads to Pickwick.....Dale Hollow..Center Hill.....and of course Nickajack.....chasing crappie...Smallies...Spots....white bass and the mighty bluegill. Plus do some trout fishing on the Caney Fork and out in Arkansas. Life is good!

Regards
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yeppers sometimes it can be kinda humbling , a bud and I were supposed to hit a spot yesterday that "was" on fire but I didn't get to go . sure enough the fire was out and them ole boys only managed 3 keepers in so many hours .
    and to add insult to injury the fish I was on Saturday didn't exist at another 2 spots I hit Tuesday . tis the season ....
    nice read and photos ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    yeppers sometimes it can be kinda humbling , a bud and I were supposed to hit a spot yesterday that "was" on fire but I didn't get to go . sure enough the fire was out and them ole boys only managed 3 keepers in so many hours .
    and to add insult to injury the fish I was on Saturday didn't exist at another 2 spots I hit Tuesday . tis the season ....
    nice read and photos ....
    That's why I'll fish ten or more spots I have marked in my gps. The fish are biting somewhere. You just have to keep looking, changing baits and depths, until you find them. Especially on my home lake. I've been fishing it for over 40 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast