Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Gear for a good cause.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Gear for a good cause.

I have received permission from Slab to post this. I am James Berry from Conway Arkansas. My son is at Renewal Ranch here in Arkansas. Renewal Ranch is a one year addiction recovery program. Their mission is to Heal Broken Lives Through Christ. There is currently 30 residents living on campus. We get to visit every Saturday from 10am to 3pm and then attend Church on Sunday with him. This past Saturday while visiting my son I heard some of the guys saying they sure would like to go fishing on one of the 2 lakes on RR property. The only thing keeping them from going was they don't have any fishing gear. Some of them don't even have family around to supply them with the gear needed. My mission is to raise money or product donations to be able to supply 30 rods and reels and 30 tackle boxes with baits, hooks, weights and other items needed for them to be able to go fishing. If you would like to help out you can send your donation to:

James Berry
    28 Valley Ridge Rd
    Conway Arkansas 72032
    501-428-7531

You can also look my name up on GoFundMe and make a monetary donation there. Thank you all very much!
    Likes Brimfisher LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me look through my "seldom used" tackle and see what I can come up with to send you. More than happy to do so !!

But, just so we are all on the same page .... these donations don't have to be NIB (new in box) do they ?? I have a lot of baits & stuff that are no longer in their original packaging or may be short a piece or two. Would these still be acceptable ?? I can separate them into individual zip lock bags, with or without the package label (depending on if it's still in a branded container).

Post Thanks / Like

No sir they don't have to NIB. Thanks.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact some tackle manufactures with your request. Your description is great and it is a worthy cause. I have a friend that works with the Elks club on a kids fishing derby that gets tackle boxes etc donated. I think Zebco sells him the rods at a reduced cost. PM me if you are interested and I will see if I can get some of his contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

pm me and i will get something sent if you still need equipment ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Count "Fish Sniper Tackle" in for some gear. Just shoot me a quick PM and I'll send out some jigs, soft plastics, and other tackle.

Being a recovering Alcoholic and having been sober for more than 10 years now, I understand exactly what these people are going through. If it was not for the outdoors, hunting, and fishing, I never would have filled the void that was missing when I put down that drink.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

JRB ... a 6"x6"x6" box crammed full of baits & a couple spools of line is on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! I'm sure the guys will put it to good use.