Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig Tying ???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Jig Tying ???

First off, if there is some archived threads on this subject that you would rather me read, lead me to it.
    Jig tying is something that has interested me for some time now, but I just have never started. I purchased a vise, and a few tools, and some materials. I even bought jig molds to make my own jigs. I searched everywhere for "how to's" on the jig tying, to no avail. I found plenty of stuff on fly tying - There is some great stuff on the internet on fly tying. And Lord! Ain't some of those flies awesome?! But I could never find any instructions of jig tying and certainly no "recipes" for jigs.
    If any of you guys have anything that would show me this art, I certainly would appreciate it.
    Thanks again everyone! I apologize for always begging info for everything!

Ken Mc
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ken..there are alot of kits..here's a link to BPS's.. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Now, i simply bought a box that has a vise, scissors, etc. for $20 at BPS, a couple colors of 'hair' and tread. The jig heads themselves i buy on eBay...they seem cheaper. I got 100 3/16 oz. painted and delivered for about $10.00..so i thought that was the easiest and cheapest way for me.

This link will show you the basics...even though it uses a treble hook..you'll get the general idea.... http://www.luremaking.com/howto/bucktail1.htm#bed

The www has tons on 'tying bucktail jigs'...just do some homework and i'm sure it'll all come together for you.

It's very rewarding to catch a limit of slabs on your own jig...and damn relaxing in the process too.

Hope this helps alittle to get you started.
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman