Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please! Problems Typing Text on This Forum Only

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Please! Problems Typing Text on This Forum Only

Every time I try to post everything starts out fine but shortly into typing my post my key strokes start to lag and miss letters altogether. I'm not fast on the keyboard by no means. This post started out fine but about the word "keyboard" it started acting up again. It just took a couple minutes to type the last sentence!
    I only have this happen on Crappie.com. Any other forums I visit work just fine.
    I'm wondering if I have a setting wrong or something. Sometimes it won't load my posts after I try to submit them. Any ideas?
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there - there is a fix, but someone way smarter than me will have to post it again. I remember this happening to me, and it is painful!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem. Been that way for a long time. Only this forum.

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

x3!!! I have no idea what the problem is. Even on my newer desktop computer I
    have issues on occasion. Hope either "G" or "slab" can help.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

when you start a text click the very left box in the reply box and it will work fine, mine was the same way till I was told to do this

I hope this helps

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Click on the "MY STUFF" button at the top of the page ...
    Scroll down about halfway and look on the left for "General Settings" ... click on that ...
    Scroll down to "MISC OPTIONS" : Message Editor Interface ... and see if it looks like this -

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

If it is ... change it to Standard Editor

That's what was done for many others that had this same problem.

There's also the possibility that won't solve the problem, so if it don't, put it back like it was and the next time you start to post ... first click on the "A/A" box (first box on the left, above the blank message area). When you put your cursor over it, it should say "Switch Editor to Source Mode". That's been known to solve some of the typing problems in the past.

For some unknown reason, sometimes when Ed does some software updates/upgrades, "some" members encounter problems like you describe (or other similar ones). One or the other of the above fixes should get you back to "normal". And if it don't ... PM Slab about your problem, and he should be able to fix you up.

Likes callmecamo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Dave

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    Every time I try to post everything starts out fine but shortly into typing my post my key strokes start to lag and miss letters altogether. I'm not fast on the keyboard by no means. This post started out fine but about the word "keyboard" it started acting up again. It just took a couple minutes to type the last sentence!
    I only have this happen on Crappie.com. Any other forums I visit work just fine.
    I'm wondering if I have a setting wrong or something. Sometimes it won't load my posts after I try to submit them. Any ideas?
    What are you doing, Hiding on the main forum? How goes it? You sure its not just you Lagging? Going to stay the 4th up there. will try to come by that week. jshaw

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry, haven't been doing much of anything. Got back into shooting in a few bow shoots shooting a recurve. haven't fished much at all. May go to Mayflower and shoot in the Traditional Bowhunters State Shoot on the 4th and 5th. I'll see you around probably when your here.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CrappiePappy, I tried what you suggested and changed from Enhanced Interface-Full WYSIWYG Editing to Standard Editor-Extra Formatting Controls. Since doing this everything seems to be working fine so far.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-20-2016 at 01:54 AM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN
    Likes "G", Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. You kill any turkeys? Winona sucked for me this year. Turkeys were quite. Caught some nice crappie though.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast