Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mqking Progress..pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mqking Progress..pics

It slow going, but I don't think the fish miss me. Equipment is coming to place finally. Working on wiring next.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking equipment!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever say what brand of tablet that is? Also, do you have an idea of the project cost for those that may be interested in doing something similar?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

YOU, DA MAN. when you gonna motorize it and make it pop up when you say "find me the fish":D :D

Post Thanks / Like

It is comming along nicely. Did you check the travel on the TM to make sure it clears the monitor?
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Tell that guy in the second pic to pull up his pants.

Nice electronics. Awsome setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    Did you ever say what brand of tablet that is? Also, do you have an idea of the project cost for those that may be interested in doing something similar?
    It is a LE1600 with a see anywhere screen and a waterproof case. Made by a company called Motion Computing. It is a 12 inch tablet running windows XP.

The tablet (or something similar) will eventually replace all the dedicated electronics. I am adding only blue tooth capable devices. In other words, the system will be totally wireless and portable from boat to boat. I am getting help from New Zealand on this project. They are accommodating me with some wireless features I need. These features will allow me to move from boat to boat with very sophisticated fishing capabilities.

I have invested about $3500.00 thus far. Some of the devices were not what I needed, but this is a first try. I am paying for my own education again. It will cost me about $5000.00 when I get through. This includes side scan capabilities using forward looking and down looking sonar. It is gonna happen. I am just waiting on the manufacturers. Sounds expensive, but try installing good electronics on 2 boats with wires. Can't be done yet. I am making this happen.

This all sounds complicated, but it is really simple if you know how to use a PC for more than an entertainment center. There are several members here that understand what I am trying (will) accomplish.

Bill Dance, Roland and the boys ain't got one. Heck, they couldn't fire the thing up, but they could definitely talk it to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan_VA
    It is comming along nicely. Did you check the travel on the TM to make sure it clears the monitor?
    I checked the clearance with my old Motor Guide. I should be ok. The way I mounted the laptop (on the spool mount) gives me a lot of rotation. It really worked out great. Believe it or not, a high school student came up with this approach. I get the best of the best from the High School. Sure makes my job easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Manz
    Tell that guy in the second pic to pull up his pants.

Nice electronics. Awsome setup.
    He has been sent home before about this dress code violation. I keep telling him that Crack kills...haha

Post Thanks / Like

So what are the capabilities you are looking for that aren't already available from top of the line electronics? Do they have blue tooth fishing devices? Do you mean wireless bluetooth transducers, and gps antenna? So if I get this right you goal is to have a tablet with no wires, that you can just plop onto a RAM mount in multiple boats that displays GPS, fishfinder, and maybe automated trolling motor control to keep you on spots?
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 02-06-2007 at 03:14 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast