Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Crappie Rattle Bobbers?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mr. Crappie Rattle Bobbers?

I have been using the Rocket Bobbers, and while they are ok, someone told me to use the little Mr. Crappie rattle bobbers. They're just so small ... but they do rattle good. I am hesitant to use them because I've always used orange or yellow bobbers and these are green and yellow. What's your thoughts on them? Anyone else used these before I buy them?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

they are cheap and made cheap. I still have a few but the clips on them are not of any quality, some work some don't. They may have the rattle but you are right, the green color is bad. I use the rocket bobber a lot . Although I still have several of the Mr. crappie bobbers I have not used one in a couple years now. cheap plastic, be very careful and don't hit any rocks , they crack easy. I know just my opinion but I use a lot of different bobbers and I'm always trying something new
    Philippians 4; 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Likes TN. WATERSHED, Mamba334 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the pegged floats work good for me. These Rocket Bobbers are ok, but I don't see what the big hype is. Mine never stands up, just shoots down. haha

Post Thanks / Like

I like using the rocket bobber when it's windy and waves are quite big. I can detect the bite at a large distance with it and can throw it much farther. It works very good for me in a few areas I fish that I need a long cast on windy days. I have always had good luck on hook set and mine work just the way they are supposed to, a slight raise on the top and fish on.
    Likes Mamba334 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried the Rocket Bobbers yet, but plan to in the next month or so. I do have some "Wing-It" bobbers which I like, but obviously they do not rattle.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

the draw back on rocket bobber is you can only use up to 1/32 oz on jig. anything more and it will raise up. this is ok for me as I make my own jigs , so for color match I keep several small jigs different color hair to use with it. And no it doesn't rattle, at least ones I bought don't. I bought a bulk of the on Ebay, half with orange tops and half with green tops. for cloudy or sunny days.
    Likes Mamba334, OKMIKE LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasseyes View Post
    the draw back on rocket bobber is you can only use up to 1/32 oz on jig. anything more and it will raise up. this is ok for me as I make my own jigs , so for color match I keep several small jigs different color hair to use with it. And no it doesn't rattle, at least ones I bought don't. I bought a bulk of the on Ebay, half with orange tops and half with green tops. for cloudy or sunny days.
    I've never seen the green tops. I purchased the multi-colored panfish mini-size, orange and yellow. It says orange top for sunny days and yellow top for cloudy days. They work well yes, but my only issue with them is I can't use a split shot to keep my minnow down. A lot of times I see the minnow swimming at the top on the water. I use a #2 Aberdeen hook with 4-6lb test Vicious Panfish vis-clear line, with my Ugly Stick 6.5" rod, open-face spin cast. If you put a tiny split shot weight on it, it stands up.

I see these guys come by Spider-Rigging with 7-9 poles and catch 5 at once. Ticks me off because they steal my fish! I so wish I had a boat or a friend with a boat so I could experience that, but I guess people don't want to take a partner they don't know I guess. I'm extremely quite when I fish too. I don't talk much. My granddad always told me to hush
    Last edited by Mamba334; 04-12-2016 at 07:21 AM.
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I made some rattle bobbers one time after buying some WM ones and they broke. I found some larger sized pear shaped bobbers in red and white, took a drill and drilled a hole towards the top, found a old pack of brass BB's and put 5-6 in the float then filled hole with a small dab of silicone. Worked great and added that extra weight for casting in the wind.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I should have said yellow top not green

Post Thanks / Like

That's too much work man lol.

I'm thinking about going this weekend but this rain needs to move out!! I don't think it's been one week without a day of rain/storms in Alabama since Christmas Eve. It's crazy! These guys keep saying they are catching 70+ when the limit is 30 lol ... shhhh ... Maybe 70 between two people? lol. But they are all in boats. I fish from the Peir because snakes are out now so bank fishing is risky. I'm going to go give these Rocket Bobbers another try this weekend, but I get paid Friday and would LOVE to be in a boat fishing. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. So helpful and kind. You guys are always so awesome. I saw this youtube video of a guy named, Steve fishing with Pear bobbers (orange and yellow) and he was reelin' 'em in! So I thought I'd ask. I remember my grandfather introduced me to the, Smokey Joe Rattle-Trap lure. OMG that thing caught sooooo many fish! You should give it a try! Just google it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast