Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling motor question

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling motor question

I have an old 15' fiberglass boat with a 35 hp mariner outboard. The boat is a Kkraft built here in NC. The boat is light, the 21 lb. thrust bow mount trolling motor that came on the boat in 1986 did fine until it died recently. I don't want to sink too much money into a new bow mount trolling motor because I hope to get a new boat in a year or 2. Also, a 40lb. thrust motor would probably be too fast. I am thinking about trying to mount a transom mount trolling motor on the side of the boat beside the console so I can control everything sitting at the console and see my one depthfinder at the same time. Is this practical? Have any of you ever done it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I'm a towboat pilot & I can't imagine having one of my engines on the side of my vessel. She'll drag to one side bad!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I have a buddy who puts his trolling motor on the side but he pulls the boat sideways while fishing out of the other side seems to work real well its reall slow crappie love it

Post Thanks / Like

MHO you can not have too much trolling motor. There will be a time such as wind or current that the extra or too much will come in handy. I went froma 36 to a 55 on my boat. If I could have gone bigger without having to go up on number of batteries to carry I would have. But like I said this is just my own opinion.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!