Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lifetime fishing license

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lifetime fishing license

I can get a lifetime fishing license for $50. I figure I get my money back in 4 years so it really seems like a good deal. However, they say it takes 4-6 weeks to process. Meanwhile, I can't find out if a copy of the application will serve as license while you are waiting. The reply I got back from dgif was sort of canned and didn't answer my question about it. Anyone have any more info on this?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you on this one. It is still more cost effective for me to buy an annual license so I don't have any experience with interim proof of a license.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lifetime Fishing License

undefinedundefined blue In New Hampshire, a Lifetime license is expensive (over $1,000). However, it covers hunting as well as fishing. Another "however". You still have to purchase special permits in addition each season if you hunt with bow, muzzleloader, hunt pheasant, ducks and geese or fish for brood-stock Atlantic salmon. These require special annual permits. - Flyrod Bob

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.com Flyrod. The $50 just covers general freshwater fishing. You need another one for trout. The max is $250 for ages up to 44 and then its prororated to age 65 when its $10. So I guess its a good deal.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va